Data Protection Statement
§ 1 Information on the collection of personal data
(1) Below you will find details on the collection of personal data when using our website. Personal data includes all data which relates to you personally e.g. name, address, e-mail addresses and usage behaviour.
(2) Responsibility in accordance with Article 4 Para. 7 of the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR): see our legal notice. You can contact our data protection officer on firstname.lastname@example.org or Data Protection Officer, Allgemeine Gold- und Silberscheideanstalt AG, Kanzlerstr. 17, 75175 Pforzheim, Germany.
(3) When you contact us by e-mail or contact form, we store the data you send us (e-mail address, first and surname, address including street name, postcode, telephone, fax and possibly also mobile numbers as well as your customer number, requested payment and dispatch type, product choice, comments and references, time of the data transfer and your IP address) to respond to your questions. We delete this data once storage of this is no longer necessary or limit processing if legal obligations exist to retain the data.
(4) If we use assigned third parties for individual functions of our offer or would like to use your data for advertising purposes, we will inform you on the respective processes in detail below. Hereby we also name the defined criteria of the retention period.
§ 2 Your rights
(1) You have the following rights with view to your personal data:
– Right to information
– Right to rectification or deletion
– Right to limitation of processing
– Right to object to processing
– Right to data portability
(2) You are also entitled to make a complaint concerning our processing of your personal data to a data protection supervisory authority.
§ 3 Collection of personal data when visiting our website
(1) If you are only using our website for informational purposes, i.e. you are not registering or sending us any other information, we collect only the personal data which your browser sends to our server. If you would like to view our website, we collect the following data which we technically require to display our website and ensure stability and security (legal basis: Article 6 Para. 1 sentence 1 lit. f of the GDPR):
– IP address
– Date and time of visit
– Time zone difference to Greenwich Mean Time (GMT)
– Content of request (page visited)
– Access status/http status code
– Data volume transferred
– Website from which the request comes
– Operating system and its interface
– Language and browser software version
(2) In addition to the aforementioned data, cookies are also stored on your computer when you visit our website. Cookies are small text files which are stored on your hard drive, specifically allocated to the browser you use, through which the party setting the cookie (in this case, us) receives certain information. Cookies cannot carry out any programmes or transfer viruses onto your computer. Their purpose is to make the website more user friendly and effective.
a) This website uses the following types of cookies, the scope and functioning of which are explained below:
– Transient cookies (see b)
– Persistent cookies (see c)
b) Transient cookies are automatically deleted when you close your browser. This includes, in particular, session cookies. These save a so-called session ID which enables the allocation of various requests from your browser of the joint session. This helps your computer to be identified should you visit our website again. The session cookies are deleted when you log out or close your browser.
c) Persistent cookies are automatically deleted after a certain time period which differs depending on the cookie. You can delete the cookies at any time by means of the security settings of your browser.
d) You can configure your browser setting depending on your preferences and e.g. reject third party cookies or all cookies. We would, however, like to point out that this may lead to you being unable to use all functions of this website.
f) [The Flash cookies which are used are not stored by your browser but by your Flash plug-in. We use HTML5 storage objects which are stored on your end device. These objects store the required data regardless of which browser you use and do not have an automated expiry date. If you do not wish processing by the Flash cookies you must install a corresponding add-on e.g. “Better Privacy” for Mozilla Firefox (https://addons.mozilla.org/de/firefox/addon/betterprivacy/) or the Adobe Flash Killer Cookie for Google Chrome. You can prevent the use of HTML5 storage objects by selecting the private mode in your browser. We also recommend that you regularly manually delete your cookies and browser history.]
1. Use of social media plug-ins
(1) We currently use the following social media plug-ins: Facebook, Xing, LinkedIn. Hereby we use the so-called double click. This means that when you visit our website no personal data will initially be transmitted to the plug-in providers. You can identify the plug-in providers by the indication in the box above their initial letter or the logo. We give you the opportunity to communicate with the plug-in provider via the button. Only if you click on the highlighted box and activate it through this will the plug-in provider receive the information that you have viewed the relevant website of our online offer. Furthermore, the data outlined under § 3 of this statement will be transmitted. Facebook and Xing: according to their own company information, within Germany, IP addresses will be anonymised immediately after the data has been collected. By activating the plug-in, personal data will be transmitted by you to the respective plug-in providers where it will be stored (with US providers, this is in the USA). As the plug-in provider collects the data particularly by means of the cookies, we recommend you delete all cookies via your browser’s safety settings before clicking on the grey box.
(2) We do not have any influence on the collected data or data processing procedures nor are we familiar with the full extent of the data collection, the purpose of the processing or the retention periods. We also do not have any information on the deletion of the collected data by the plug-in provider.
(3) The plug-in provider stores your data as usage profiles and uses these for advertising, market research and/or the usage related design of its website. Such an evaluation occurs particularly (also for users who are not logged in) for the presentation of user orientated advertising and for informing other users of the social network about your use of our website. You may object to the creation of such user profiles although you must contact the relevant plug-in provider to do so. Via the plug-ins, we offer you the opportunity to interact with the social networks and other users, which helps us optimise our offer and make this more interesting for you as user. Legal basis for the use of plug-ins is Article 6 Para. 1 sentence 1 lit. f of the GDPR.
(4) Data is transferred irrespective of whether you have an account with the log-in provider and are logged in. If you are logged in to your account, your data collected on your visit to our website will be saved in your account. If you click on the activate button and e.g. link the website, the plug-in provider will also save this information in your user account and will publicly inform your contacts of this. We recommend that you regularly log out after using social networks in particular before activating the button as in this way you can prevent an association with your profile by the plug-in provider.
(5) You can find further information on the purpose and scope of the data collection and the processing of this by the plug-in provider in the following data privacy statements of the providers. Here you will also find further information on your rights concerning this and setting options to protect your privacy.
(6) Addresses and URLs of the plug-in providers with data protection information:
a) [Facebook Inc., 1601 S California Ave, Palo Alto, California 94304, USA; http://www.facebook.com/policy.php; further information on data collection: http://www.facebook.com/help/186325668085084, http://www.facebook.com/about/privacy/your-info-on-other#applications as well as http://www.facebook.com/about/privacy/your-info#everyoneinfo. Facebook adheres to the EU-US Privacy Shield, https://www.privacyshield.gov/EU-US-Framework.
b) Xing AG, Gänsemarkt 43, 20354 Hamburg, DE; http://www.xing.com/privacy.
c) LinkedIn Corporation, 2029 Stierlin Court, Mountain View, California 94043, USA; http://www.linkedin.com/legal/privacy-policy. LinkedIn adheres to the EU-US Privacy Shield, https://www.privacyshield.gov/EU-US-Framework.
2. Use of Google Analytics
(1) This website uses Google Analytics, a website analysis service operated by Google Inc. (“Google”). Google Analytics uses so-called cookies, text files which are stored on your computer and enable an analysis of your use of the website. The information created by the cookie on your use of this website is usually transferred to a Google server in the USA where it is stored. If IP anonymisation has been activated on this website, within member states of the European Union or other contracting states of the Agreement on the European Economic Area, Google will shorten your IP address first before transmitting it. Only in exceptional cases will the full IP address be transmitted to a Google server in the USA where it will be shortened. On behalf of the operator of this website, Google will use this information to analyse your use of the website, compile reports on website use and perform further services for the website operator on website and internet use.
(2) The IP address transmitted by your browser within the framework of Google Analytics will not be associated with other data of Google.
(3) You can prevent cookies being stored with a corresponding setting on your browser software. We would, however, like to point out that this may prevent the full use of all functions of this website. You can also prevent the collection of the data created by the cookie on your use of the website (incl. your IP address) by Google as well as the processing of this by downloading and installing the following browser plug-in on the below link: http://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout?hl=de.
(4) This website uses Google Analytics with the addition “_anonymizeIp()”. Through this, IP addresses are shortened and processed further – this does not allow any data to be traced back to individual persons. If reference to a particular person is possible through the collected data, this is immediately excluded and the personal data deleted immediately.
(5) We use Google Analytics to allow us to analyse the use of our website and regularly improve this. With the statistics which are collected we improve our offer and make this more interesting for you as user. In the event of exceptional cases when personal data is transferred to the USA, Google complies with the EU-US Privacy Shield, https://www.privacyshield.gov/EU-US-Framework. Legal basis for the use of Google Analytics is Article 6 Para. 1 sentence 1 lit. fof the GDPR.
(6) Information of third party provider: Google Dublin, Google Ireland Ltd., Gordon House, Barrow Street, Dublin 4, Ireland, Fax: +353 (1) 436 1001. User terms and conditions: http://www.google.com/analytics/terms/de.html, data protection summary: http://www.google.com/intl/de/analytics/learn/privacy.html, data privacy statement: http://www.google.de/intl/de/policies/privacy.